My entire life has revolved around my deep sense of "just knowing." I have always felt older and sometimes I have no idea why I can find words for the very things that trouble me in this life. When I was young, I loved family gatherings--only if I could sit with the grown ups and listen. I always found myself having something to say or positioning myself to connect with the adults. So from then on, I have felt like an old person in a young adult's body waiting for the day my mind catches up with my age. Let's just says its been interesting and it serves to be a gift and a curse.
I like to call this "old soul problems."
Here is how it feels most days:
- You have a deep intuition of knowing certain things are right and wrong moves in your life. Most of the time you are never surprised with the outcomes.
- You are constantly in your head--always having a conversation with yourself about your future or life's mysteries.
- People tell you,"you are wise beyond your years" after each conversation.
- Immaturity is the bane of your existence, to the point you want to whack the person on the side of the head and yell "shape up!"
- Maturity is also the bane of your existence, sometimes you wish you could think about things more superficially.
- You can weirdly feel the difference between "souls"--who has been here before and who just got here.
- Some friendships are a constant teaching experience, while others feel like you have known and understood each other for centuries.
- You don't dramatically react to life's curveballs.
- You question authority figures.
- Egos are a waste of time and you don't like stroking/creating them.
I'm not here to tell you if you are an "old soul." These are just the many feelings I and fellow "old soul" friends have felt/feel on a daily basis. If you are an "old soul," I understand you and know what you go through.
Cheers to #oldsoulproblems!
Be inspired. Stay Positive. Love yourself.